We often see people taking care of their physical appearance in order to look and feel young, but your mental health is equally important. Life can be difficult and stressful, sometimes leading to abusing substances that can make you an addict. If you are facing such issues check out Ontario Drug Rehab Treatment Centre. Instead of turning to such substances check out these tips to keep your brain young forever.
1) Mental stimulation: Brain activities like solving puzzles or mathematical problems can stimulate a new connection within the nerve cells. Engage yourself in activities that need mental efforts like drawing, painting etc.
2) Physical exercise: Studies have shown that physical activities like exercises can increase the connection between brain cells resulting in more efficient and adaptive brain.
3) Diet: A good diet is not only good for your physical health but can also prevent you from cognitive impairment and dementia.
4) Blood Pressure: High blood pressure can lead to cognitive decline and so it is important to keep it in check.
5) Blood sugar: Diabetes is one of the main reasons behind dementia; it is easy to keep blood sugar under control with regular exercise.
6) Improve cholesterol: Similar to diabetes, cholesterol can also lead to dementia and hence it is recommended to keep it under control for keeping your brain young.
7) Avoid Tobacco: It can damage your physical and mental health.
8) Avoid Alcohol: Limit or avoid alcohol as it can damage the brain.
9) Low dose aspirin: Consult your doctor for taking a low dose aspirin if you suspect been a candidate of dementia.
10) Emotions: Emotions can cause many problems like sleep deprivation and along with physical and mental issues.
11) Protect your head: Head injuries increase the risk of cognitive impairment.
12) Social networks: They not only make your life happier but can also help in keeping your brain young.